TRACKING FUNCTIONALITY NOTICE AND OPT IN: The Libris device utilizes both Global Positioning System (GPS) and network Location Based Services in order to find the user’s current location. By activating the Libris product, the User agrees to allow Numera and its affiliates to use this information to provide the Libris emergency response services and related Services.
1. Information Collected and How We Use It. We collect information from you, including personally identifiable information, for the purposes of providing our products and services, whether purchased by you or requested through the Website, or for providing other Services. The following are the specific types of information we collect in connection with the Services:
In order to use the Numera services, including Numera Libris, Numera Net, the Home Hub, Gateway for PC, Numera Navigator, Numera Store, and Numera Social, we have to create an account for you.
To make this account, we need your first and last name, and an email address. We will ask you to enter a User Name and Password that is unique to you, and to record your Date of Birth, Country, Culture (the language you are going to use for the application) and the Time Zone you are in.
In setting up this account we will not ask you for health information – like what conditions you are managing, your health history or medications. We also will not ask you for financial information.
When you use an application like Numera Store, where you may have to pay by credit card or PayPal, we will only ask you for information specific to that use. We do not share it with any other Numera application. When we collect financial and address information in the Numera Store, we use that information to complete the transaction to ship you the devices you require.
When you use Numera Navigator, you will have the option of entering health information – and it is used only within that application and specifically with your health providers.
In some cases, we may automatically create an account for you by receiving information from your healthcare provider. We only ask for the data required to create the account.
Users of the Website are under no obligation to provide Numera with personally identifiable information of any kind, but this may prevent the user from using certain Website features.
If we have to provide support to you to answer a question or troubleshoot an issue, we will ask your permission to access your information.
2. Information Sharing. We share your information with certain third parties that help us provide the Services. These third parties are contractually prohibited from using the information for any other purposes or re-transferring it except as necessary to provide the Services and they are bound to strict obligations to protect the confidentiality of such information. We do not sell or trade your data. Your personally identifiable information may also be disclosed to your sponsoring organization, if you have one, and is generally viewable by a only small number of people at Numera who have a need to see the information to provide direct support to you. Generally, we manage the Services and related data at an anonymous, aggregated level, and we have tools that allow us to manage our systems without having to view specific personally identifiable information in order to ensure greater confidentiality.
We will allow you to opt out of any disclosures to a third party or use for any purpose other than for which it was originally collected. Numera may share non-personal, non-identifiable, summary, and/or aggregate data with its partners and other third parties.
Numera may also disclose your personally identifiable information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when Numera believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Numera, third parties or the public at large.
Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything else herein, in the event of a sale or other transfer of all or substantially all of the assets or capital stock of the Company, your data will be transferred and the acquirer will be bound by the promises we have made to you.
3. Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personally identifiable information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies. You can reach us the following ways:
• by mail at 1511 3rd Avenue, Suite 808, Seattle, WA 98101,
• by telephone at (888) 253-5001,
• or by email at email@example.com
4. Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Our Numera Net, Numera Store, Numera Navigator and Numera Social applications are all hosted applications. Numera hosts its software with a nationally recognized leader in cloud computing infrastructure, chosen because of their track record of offering trusted service. This vendor has obtained many certifications and third party attestations including SAS70 Type II, PCI DSS Level, ISO 27001, and ISO 27001, among others.
When we share information with you or a sponsoring organization, it is done via a highly secure connection. When we share data, we have specifically identified the requesting organization and verify that they received the data.
Our systems also include robust auditing, backup and data restoration capabilities.
5. Data Integrity. We’ll collect only as much personally identifiable information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for the intended use.
6. Enforcement. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises. To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, or issue a complaint, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Numera complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Numera has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Numera’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Numera does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13.
Contacting the Webmaster
If you have any questions about this security and privacy notice, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
1511 3rd Avenue, Suite 808
Seattle, WA 98101
This Policy is effective as of and was last updated on June 23, 2014.